The Good News of Jesus Christ:
God's Plan of Salvation
God created the world to be a wonderful place, and things started out that way. But man had free will, and soon rebelled against God. This rebellion (sin) separated men and women from God. Even with that, God still desired a close relationship with all men and women. But, He could not be near sin.
Because He wanted to be near His creation, He actually came to earth and visited for a while, to teach men and women how to have a personal relationship with Him.
The word gospel means good news. The bible describes the gospel as God's power unto salvation. Romans 1:16. This good news is the fact that God has provided a way to reconcile sinful man to Himself through the atoning sacrifice of His son Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary.
The bible describes sin as the breaking or transgression of God's law, 1 John 3:4. The original translation of sin means "to miss the mark"
The bible teaches that "all have sinned..." Romans 3:23, Isaiah 53:6, Romans 3:10
The penalty for sin is death: Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:1, James 1:15, Ezekiel 18:20
This death brought about by sin, as described in the scriptures, refers to separation from God, or spiritual death. Isaiah 59:2
When one passes through physical death while guilty of sin, the penalty is eternal death, or separation from God forever. In this case, one's soul is permanently lost. The bible describes this as the "second death" Revelation 21:8.
All Will Be Judged
The bible teaches that every person who has ever lived will be judged: 2 Corinthians 5:10, Romans 14:12, Hebrews 9:27, Matthew 25:31-34, Zephaniah 1:18, Revelation 20:12-15
God loves you with a love which cannot even be fathomed! Romans 5:8, Ephesians 2:4-5, John 15:13, 1 John 4:7-10, Romans 8:35, He loves the entire world and everyone in it. John 3:16 Every soul is precious to Him. It is His desire that no one be lost! 2 Peter 3:9
However, God, being holy and just, cannot violate His own nature by overlooking sin. For Him to remain holy, the penalty, which is death, must be met for every sin. There are two ways the penalty may be met. You may pay it yourself by spending eternity separated from God in hell, or it may be paid by another who would be qualified to pay it for you. In either case, God can deal with sin without compromising His uprightness.
Every person capable of faith is called by God to accept Jesus as Savior, repent of their sins, make a confession of faith in Jesus as Lord, and be united to Christ through receiving baptism by immersion in water. God's invitation is to every person, no matter who they are, and regardless of past sins. Romans 2:11, 1 John 4:15, Revelation 3:20, John 7:37, John 11:26, Acts 10:43, Titus 2:11, Matthew 11:28. Salvation and eternal life are offered as a free gift of God's grace to anyone who will receive it.
You Can Become A Christian Today By Accepting God's Free Gift
Jesus came to offer salvation to anyone in the world who chooses to make Him their Savior. So what do you need to do about this? You need to accept God's free gift! Here are some things you can do to get started in a new life with God:
1. Realize that above all else, God loves you! John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son..."
2. Admit that you do wrong things that do not please God. (Romans 3:23)
3. Turn your heart around. (Acts 2:38; Acts 17:30)--You know you are doing wrong--stop it.
4. Confess to yourself and to others that Jesus is Lord, and that He is the son of God. (Romans 10:8-10)
5. Be baptized into Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:16; Romans 6:4; Acts 22:16; Acts 2:38; Colossians 2:11-12; Galatians 3:27)
6. Love God and your love neighbor as yourself (Matthew 7:12; Matthew 19:16-19; Matthew 22:35-40; Mark 12:28- 34; Luke 6:31; Luke 10:25-28; Romans 13:8-10; Galatians 5:14; Ephesians 5:25; James 2:8)
7. Become a devoted student of the Word of God (2 Timothy 2:15).
8. Share the good news about Jesus and God with others. Mark 16:15 - "He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.'"